Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A fitness holiday


My name is Angie and I have been looking into a fitness holiday. I have some time off from school and I want to do something beneficial with that time. The problem is that I am overweight and the rest of my family and classmates and friends are into their fitness. I think getting my but on a few months fitness holiday will be a step in the right direction for me.
OK, so I made my mind up. Three months on a fitness holiday, but what. I did not just want to be in a gym all the time, I want to see some beaches, get a tan and get to know a different culture so I started to look on the internet (I just love the internet!) and came up with some great ideas for a fitness holiday.
The fitness holiday in Thailand looks seriously cool, six kilometres from the world's most beautiful beaches, in the tropical rainforest with national Champions. Here you can train up to eight hours a day without distractions of parties. This might be something for me. Because if there are too many parties to visit, I will never lose my puppy fat, and then after partying and drinking I will not be able to look the Thai champion in the eye to tell him I have a hangover.
I found three really cool options. Because I am into Martial Arts (my whole family is, do not know why), I was looking for a Fitness holiday with martial Arts. I found Mixed martial Arts in Thailand, Kung Fu in China and a fitness holiday programme with capoeira in Brazil.
However the coolest fitness holiday programme I found was the one in Brazil. Xtreme Gap offers a Capoeira fitness holiday programme in Rio. Imagining myself in a string on the busiest beach in Rio is still unthinkable but after a few weeks in to my fitness holiday I might give it a try. A Favela tour and an English speaking rep will be there for me to introduce me to Rio. Nice feeling to not be starting off alone.
A fitness holiday in China also sounds very interesting to me. Especially if I can combine my fitness holiday with learning a new language. At the Xtreme Gap Kung Fu training programme in China you will get lessons in mandarin. Ok no beaches around but during this fitness holiday programme you will staying a world heritage, not bad either. Food is also included here... no pizza and pasta and fries. Oh yes, I will get so fit if I choose this fitness holiday option.
The good thing about booking my fitness holiday through a gap year company is that they can advise me before I go, help me out with visa's and I know I will have the right support once I am out there. And I will meet lots of other gap year travellers on their fitness holiday. With these arguments I know my parents will agree on me to go, and maybe even pay for it.
Since my parents find sports really important and they have travelled the whole world their selves when they were young, I know they will agree on me attending a fitness holiday on my gap year. They also say that travelling alone will make me a better person and although I think this is nonsense, I am fine the way I am, I am going to agree with them so I can be free for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment